Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera are among the most captivating and provocative artists to ever come out of Mexico. In addition to their art, the strange nature of their age-defying, beauty-and-the-beast relationship swathed the pair in intrigue. Let’s learn a little more about their love and legacy, both as a couple and as individuals.
- “Diego Rivera Biographer.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 12 Apr. 2019, http://www.biography.com/people/diego-rivera-9459446.
- “Diego Rivera.” Childhood, Life Achievements & Timeline, Famous People, 2019, http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/diego-rivera-4738.php.
- “Frida and Diego.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 1 Jan. 2006, archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/fodors/top/features/travel/destinations/mexico/mexicocity/fdrs_feat_101_9.html?mcubz=1&n=Top%252FFeatures%252FTravel%252FDestinations%252FMexico%252FMexico%2BCity.
- “Frida Kahlo.” The Art Story, The Art Story Foundation, 2019, http://www.theartstory.org/artist-kahlo-frida.htm.
- “Frida Kahlo: Painter, Icon, Genius.” Stuff You Should Know, Stuff Media LLC, 7 June 2018, http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/frida-kahlo-painter-icon-genius.htm.
- Grovier, Kelly. “Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera: Portrait of a Complex Marriage.” BBC, BBC, 4 Dec. 2017, http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20171204-frida-kahlo-and-diego-rivera-portrait-of-a-complex-marriage.
- Kettler, Sara. “Behind Frida Kahlo’s Real and Rumored Affairs With Men and Women.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 16 July 2019, http://www.biography.com/news/frida-kahlo-real-rumored-affairs-men-women.
- “The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo.” PBS, Public Broadcasting Service, 2005, http://www.pbs.org/weta/fridakahlo/life/people.html.
- “The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo: Honestly Frida.” PBS, Public Broadcasting Service, 2005, http://www.pbs.org/weta/fridakahlo/life/index.html.
- Luna, Javier Aranda. “The Elephant and The Dove: A Look at Frida and Diego’s Relationship.” Google Arts & Culture, Google, artsandculture.google.com/theme/KQKiXi4jN0TeJw.
- Rogers, Lisa Waller. “A Portrait of My Sister Cristina Kahlo by Frida Kahlo.” Lisa’s History Room, 27 May 2009, lisawallerrogers.com/tag/a-portrait-of-my-sister-cristina-kahlo-by-frida-kahlo/.
- “The Timeline of the Turbulent Life of Diego Rivera: His Art and His Politics.” The Timeline of the Turbulent Life of Diego Rivera: His Art and His Politics, San Jose State University, http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/rivera.htm.
- Tuchman, Phyllis. “Frida Kahlo.” Smithsonian.com, Smithsonian Institution, 1 Nov. 2002, http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/frida-kahlo-70745811/.
- Weingus, Leigh. “Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera: 8 Photos of Their Colorful Love Story.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 18 June 2019, http://www.biography.com/people/groups/frida-kahlo-and-diego-rivera.