We’re taking a walk down the aisle for our first “Sex & Marriage” themed episode! Today we are learning about Sex & Marriage in the Tudor Period. When and why did people get married? How was marriage different for royals versus poorer citizens? And why did the church have so much influence over everyone’s sex lives? Tune in to find out!
- “Getting Divorced.” Tudor Times. Tudor Times Ltd, 29 November 2014.
- Gould, Chris. “Sex in Elizabethan England.” Prezi. Prezi Inc, 28 February 2014.
- Guy, John. Tudor England. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- “Love and marriage in Tudor England.” History Extra. Immediate Media Co, 2018.
- Rasmussen, Eric. “Marriage and Courtship.” The British Library, The British Library, 15 Mar. 2016, http://www.bl.uk/shakespeare/articles/marriage-and-courtship.
- Ridgway, Claire. “Sexual Intercourse in Tudor Times.” The Tudor Society. The Tudor Society, 2016.
- “Sex, brothels and prostitution…” Everything TudorBlog. 14 July 2016.“Sex Within Marriage.” Tudor Times. Tudor Times Ltd, 29 November 2014.